Uruguay – Best Montevideo Suburbs to invest in right now
– Ciudad Vieja: The original historic center of Montevideo, where antique home restorations is the name of the game.
– Centro: Montevideo’s commercial center, adjacent to Ciudad Vieja, with property prices among the lowest in the city.
– Pocitos: An upscale community that’s among the favorites of Uruguayans.
– Buceo, Malvin, and Punta Gorda: Pleasant seaside neighborhoods that offer quiet sycamore-lined streets, good shopping areas, and access to Montevideo’s beaches. GTSA has the best homes in Buceo and Punta Gorda, great views. You can choose in between apartments or single houses, we have what you are looking for.
– Carrasco: A beautiful area at the edge of Montevideo with larger, modern homes, spacious parks and beachfront. Carrasco is just minutes from the international airport and the city’s best shopping, and is popular with foreign business executives and diplomats.
I prefer each of these areas for different reasons; each has its individual character and its own “downtown” shopping district. They all have water views, easy access to the city’s beaches, and the opportunity to either rent or sell to a wide market at a decent price…provided the property is well-chosen.
Miriam Muller – Blumreich