Peru: Agricultural exports up 25% in October 2020

Post available in: English

According to Midagri, the strong performance of agricultural exports in international markets was mainly attributed to a higher growth in the placement of blueberries, coffee, ginger, and fresh grapes.

This means, traditional agro-exports accounted for 13% of the export value in October, while non-traditional represented the remaining 87%. Traditional agro-exports totaled US$116 million, a 17% growth over the same month in 2019.

Ruta Exportadora business assistance program
A report from the Commission for the Promotion of Peru for Exports and Tourism (PROMPERÚ), stated that this year, the Ruta Exportadora business assistance program served 4,620 companies and achieved exports for more than $ 4,942 million to 152 markets. There were 2.340 Peruvian products promoted abroad, an increase of 11% compared to 2019.

Among the main ones are blueberries, avocados, grapes, special coffee, mango, organic quinoa, organic ginger, organic banana and cotton garments, which they went mainly to the United States, China, Holland, Spain, Germany and England.

By 2021, it is expected to exceed 1,500 companies in the Export Route Program and to promote specialized market routes, electronic commerce and digital transformation.

In addition, the Mipymes al Mundo Digital program will be strengthened, where more than 800 exporting companies will be inserted and with export potential at the national level. In addition, the creation of 8 export consortia is planned, representing more than 70 companies.


Source: reportedtimes.com

(Visited 170 times, 1 visits today)

About Gateway to South America

Established in 2006, Gateway to South America began as a single office in Buenos Aires. Since then, it has grown into a vibrant regional network, providing professional real estate marketing services to clients in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay. If you enjoy reading our news site, please share it on your social media!

Want an edge on investing in Latin America? Get our Investment News first: Join 39,400 subscribers without cost to our English, Spanish or Portuguese posts for the latest real estate news in LATAM useful for new and experienced investors. Please note, this subscription is for Investment News only, not properties for sale.

Post available in: English

Comments are disabled
Real Estate and Investment News from South America
Visit us on LinkedInVisit us on FacebookVisit us on TwitterVisit us on Pinterest