New Trends in Real Estate come to South America
Gateway has for some time being studying the new trends for marketing and selling property.
1. Generation X jumps to the top. Generation X—those ages 33 to 47—made up the largest chunk of home buyers, at 31 percent. Generation Y—those 32 and younger—made up the second-largest group, at 28 percent, followed by younger baby boomers (18 percent) and older baby boomers (14 percent).
2. Real Estate Porn. We are doing more sophisticated videos in line with world industry trends. We are starting with some “still” video versions like the one above and then as clients see the value move on to fully animated or broker involved versions in Spanish and English.
If you look at our local residential video above first and then go down and watch the others you can see the difference. The difference is they are using emotion and a story line to sell. This is very powerful and why it has be nicknamed as Real Estate Porn.
If you think you are interested in using this concept talk to us.
These skills were formed during the 2008 recession in Australia when unique properties or discretionary property were hard to sell. Now they are used as an important tool in every day selling situations in most major market places.
The challenge is as always is to present properties in an interesting and informative way. You will notice the videos do not tell facts and figures so much as create interest-inviting enquiry. This is an important difference. Obviously some of these videos will need to be done both in Spanish or Portuguese depending on the target market.
In South America we are blessed with highly creative and skilled filmmakers so the cost to the client of doing this sought of presentation is much less than it would in First World markets.
Contact us if you are interested. [email protected]
Why Use Video
Farms and Agro
Individual Agent Profiles – Residential
Real Estate Company Promos
A broker selling Location
3. Mobile real estate search. Consumers are taking to their mobile devices in droves for real estate searches. According to online marketing firm The Search Agency, real estate ad clicks on smartphones grew 10.7 percent between the fourth quarter of 2012 and the first quarter of 2013. Tablet ad clicks shot up even higher, increasing 20.2 percent quarter over quarter—and 87 percent year over year. It all goes to show that consumers are becoming far more comfortable searching for real estate on mobile devices. Our Blog Facebook and Website are all ipad and smart phone optimised.
4. Drone photography. The use of miniature remote–controlled helicopters for taking aerial photos and video of properties is piquing interest among most leading edge real estate agents. We recommend it for farms and some homes.
5. Micro apartments. In some major metropolitan areas, people are living large in smaller spaces. So-called micro apartments—which are often less than 20 m2—are becoming popular around the world but new to South America. But it’s not only those students and just-out-of-college grads flocking to these tiny units. In some “micro buildings,” the average tenant is 33 years old. We will begin marketing one of these Student Towers shortly in Buenos Aires
Contact the Gateway to South America team to learn about the best investment opportunities in the region. The company is a benchmark for foreign investors wishing to invest in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay, providing expert advice on property acquisition and investment tours.