Buenos Aires ranked the Best City in Latin America for Event Tourism
Post available in: English
The City of Buenos Aires was ranked first in America in the 2022 edition of the ranking prepared by the International Association of Congresses and Conventions (ICCA) after holding 66 approved events and climbing one position compared to the previous year’s list. , in which it was second behind Montreal. Within the framework of the recovery of meeting tourism, it should be noted that this is 52% of the ICCA events that took place in the City during 2019,
In addition, the national capital again held first place in Latin America for the 13th consecutive year. It was the 18th city with the most ICCA events in the world, becoming the only one from the American continent in the top 20 globally.
“Tourism is one of our main engines of growth, with the ability to generate quality jobs and increase the income of our country. It also has a positive impact on other areas, such as the gastronomy industry, transport and culture. We are a country with a diversity of landscapes and cultures that surprises any visitor and we must continue working to promote all the provinces since each one has great attractions to offer”, indicated the head of Government, Horacio Rodríguez Larreta.
Of the meetings held during 2022 in the City of Buenos Aires, 79% were held in person, while the remaining 21% were in a hybrid format. It should be noted that it is the first year after the pandemic in which most ICCA events occurred in person.
The positive balance of the City of Buenos Aires occurs even though Argentina, compared to the 2019 ranking, fell 2 positions at the continental level (finished in 5th place) and 9 worldwide (after being in 27th place). In addition, the Federal Capital concentrated 63% of the events throughout the country (4 percentage points more than in 2019).
“This distinction confirms the enormous potential that our tourist destinations have throughout the country. To continue growing, we have to strengthen the sector with a commercial air connectivity plan that allows us to attract more international tourists and encourage them to visit cities throughout the country,” said Fernando Straface, Secretary General and International Relations of the City. “This news is the result of the hard work that we have been doing in the entity to promote meeting tourism in our City, because for there to be a large number of ICCA events, there must be a suitable infrastructure and incentives aimed at the private sector has economic facilities when organizing meetings. We are more than happy with this recognition from ICCA, which pushes us to continue betting on this segment, which is one of the sectors that generates the most employment within our industry,” said Lucas Delfino, president of the Tourism Agency of the City of Buenos Aires. .
Recovery of international tourism
Meeting tourism represents an important engine for international tourists’ arrival for the City of Buenos Aires. During 2022, more than 163,000 business tourists entered the City, with Brazil being the market that contributed the most visitors (25%), followed by Chile (17%) and Uruguay (8%). Furthermore, the average stay of MICE tourists is 5.2 nights, with 47% of visitors staying in 4-star hotels, 15% in 3-star hotels and 13% in 5-star hotels.
Regarding the profile of international business tourists who arrive in the City of Buenos Aires, 46% complement their visit with night activities, 34% attend tango shows, 32% take a city tour, and 28% tour museums. In addition, according to a survey by the Entur Tourist Observatory, 97% stated that they would return to the City.
Source: Translate from The Post
Contact the Gateway to South America team to learn about the best investment opportunities in the region. The company is a benchmark for foreign investors wishing to invest in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay, providing expert advice on property acquisition and investment tours.
The Gateway Team – When You are Serious About Property
About Gateway to South America
Established in 2006, Gateway to South America began as a single office in Buenos Aires. Since then, it has grown into a vibrant regional network, providing professional real estate marketing services to clients in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay. If you enjoy reading our news site, please share it on your social media!
Post available in: English