The Leading Countries In Grains Trade – Or, Why Argentina Is Still ‘The World’s Barn’
The Leading Countries In Grains Trade:
- A recent report issued by the “Bolsa de Comercio de Rosario” ranks countries according to their position in the global trade of grains, oils and sub products.
- According to the ranking, Argentina has the largest relative participation.
- Estimates suggest the global production of grains surpassed 3 billion tonnes in the 2014-2015 season.
The world produced roughly 3.033 billion tones of grains in the 2014-2015 season. Cereals represented 82.2 percent, while oleaginous seeds accounted for 17.7 percent.
The USDA had originally estimated that the international trade of grains and sub products had reached 682 million tonnes in the 2014-2015 campaign. The total comprises 380 tones of grains, 144 million tonnes of oleaginous seeds, 85 million tonnes of oleaginous flours, and 73 million tones of vegetable oils.
According to the report, Argentina is the global leader in terms of relative participation in global trade, with its grains and derived products exports accounting for 11 percent of the total physical volumes exported worldwide. Brazil’s neighbor exports approximately 75 million tonnes of grains and industrialized sub products per year.
An article published on Ambito.com highlighted that Argentina is:
- The biggest exporter of soy flour (27.8 million tonnes exported, versus Brazil’s 15 million tonnes, and the U.S.’ 11.4 million tonnes).
- The largest producer of soy oil-based biodiesel in the world, with 2.58 million tonnes, once again surpassing Brazil’s 2.24 million tonnes and the U.S.’ 2.18 million tonnes.
- The third-largest soybean producer, with 60.8 million tonnes, trailing Brazil’s 94.5 million tonnes and the U.S.’ 108 million tonnes. In addition, it is the third main soybean exporter, behind Russia and Ukraine.
- The fourth-largest exporter of corn and sunflower oil.
- The fifth-largest overall biodiesel producer.
Contact the Gateway to South America team to learn about the best investment opportunities in the region. The company is a benchmark for foreign investors wishing to invest in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay, providing expert advice on property acquisition and investment tours.
About Gateway to South America
Gateway to South America was established in 2006 as a single office in Buenos Aires. The company has since expanded into a vibrant regional network, servicing the Southern Cone clients in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay with professional real estate marketing services. It has developed into an International team that has a well-deserved reputation for strong local knowledge, experience and professionalism. I hope you enjoy reading our news site. Please share it on your social media below.